bckobayashimaru.de

Bridge Commander Kobayashi Maru Project
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:30 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Every time I start QB or QBR, the game crashes right to the desktop.
I found that AddshipGUI.py or addship.py are the problems, but I can't find the instruction that's causing the bug.
All I got about this is that the error is a missing file that AddShipGUI.py can't reach, but I'm not sure. All the ships work perfect when I run QB without loading AddShips.
Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:34 pm 
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

As you're posting this here, i assume that you got KM installed =P
So try to reinstall KM's Script folder and any other mod's you installed script folder again.
If the problem is that AddShip can't find a file, this missing file probably is a script.

Yes i don't want to write a good signature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:32 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Do you want me to install again a 5 GB BC????????
and to replace the whole scripts folder which I modded countless times with a stock one? ....
:shock: lol

I can't find the error, but I guess it is a mvam module I added from scratch, and it works different than the stock mvam plugins.
I added a new pointer file, and a new ship plugin to fit the mvam ship, but both the pointer and the plugin point to an existent ship (the defiant, in this case.) I have the stock Defiant, and I added a new DefiantMVAM ship, but it points to the Defiant pointer file (scripts/ships/defiant.py) then, in the super-uber-secret-ship-I-created-and-won't-name-here mvam plugin, I call DefiantMVAM as part of the mvam sequence. Also, the mvam ship appears in qb menus as a blue button (as it is supposed to be), but has no submenus, since the defiantmvam is the stock defiant, and is already defined. Could that be causing a redudance?
PS: both the mvam ship and the DefiantMvam WORK in qb. I CAN use the mvam module.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:31 pm 
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

No no, not to install everything again, just the scripts folder, in any case backup what you modded.

Oh i think i know what is the super-uber-secret-ship-you-created-and-won't-name-here lol.

Cut that mvam plugin and paste it in a backup folder, and then test the game. If there's still the error, then the error isn't because of your mvam plugin.

Now, why the mvam defiant isn't working properly i do not know, i never made any mvam ship... I guess that there is something wrong on the pointer or the plugin, or both.

Yes i don't want to write a good signature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:26 pm 
Ensign
Ensign

Ignore the reinstalling part how about giving more details about the error you mentioned...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:44 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

1- the problem is that I modded many files, and I don't remember which ones :(

2- there was an error, in fact. i was calling the same ship in the mvam module, causing the combined ship to call itself after the mvam sequence, and being able to launch another defiant after the first. Now I declared two ships, shipA and shipB, one as mvam-capable, and the other will appear as hidden, but they can point to the same model, so I reduce lags. the DefiantMVAM is a plugin that points to the stock Defiant, but i call it just from the mvam plugin, so it don't appear in-game, and allows me to not publish a defiant model :) (all this stuff appeared casually, but since it worked, I left it.)

3- about the error: when I enter QB with Foundation and QBA activated the camera looks at Saffi for 1 second, then it crashes to the desktop.
The same thing on QBR. I wait 1-2 seconds and the game crashes.
I could track the problem to AddShipGUI, so I deleted it and now QB loads fine, but I can't use AddShips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:06 pm 
Ensign
Ensign

Again I expected some kind of error report, you said that a console actually printed an error to you. So what did it look like...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:53 am 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

I fixed it, thanks.
It was the nested MVAM module that referred itself when loading the two parts of the ship.
I added a new ShipB, with independent plugins, that points to the same ShipA pointer file, and thus the same hardpoint.