bckobayashimaru.de

Bridge Commander Kobayashi Maru Project
It is currently Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Shuttle Return Problem
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:22 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

A number of ships that can launch shuttles, cannnot return them, saying "Sorry captain, the target is too big for our bay." This is silly. I've tried fiddling with the carrier scripts of the offending ships but with no luck. Adding maximum carrying values where they were missing didn't help. Can anyone think of a solution?

The army of little snowmen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:15 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

that's strange, I'm new to KM as well but i never had that happen. i do get that message when i try to dock at target from the helmsman's menu though

try maybe getting closer b/f ordering it to return

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:16 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Nah it happens regardless of distance. It's a scripting error of some sort that affects some ships but I wasn't able to determine what was causing it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:54 am 
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

I noticed only the stock ships in KM 1.0 e.g, Galaxy are only able to return shuttles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:01 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Hello everybody!
I think that problem is that you are trying to dock galaxy or other ship to shuttle's dock.Try selecting "dock at target", not "return shuttle". :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:13 am 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Nah I tried that before posting in the first place. Same effect. I'm not sure what the point of the 'Dock at target button' is. It doesn't seem to do anything. When a friendly target is selected it says "Sorry captain, the target is too big for our bay." When a neutral or enemy target is selected it does nothing. This is the same for ships and bases alike. The default ‘Dock’ button is the only thing that actually makes you dock with bases.

As for the shuttle return problem, it's very confusing. Here's a good example, the Eximius class. It carries both Type 9 and Type 11 shuttles. You can launch both types no problem. And you can even return the Type 11 shuttles no problem, by using the 'Return shuttle' button. But when you try to return the Type 9 shuttles, you get "Sorry captain, the target is too big for our bay." It's baffling.

Oh and extra ships can return shuttles. In fact I created my own carrier script the other day for the USS Resurrection, my favourite ship from the Refit Connie pack, and it launches and returns shuttles fine now. I used Defiant's carrier script generator to make the script.

One of the ships that can't return shuttles is the Akira, which is a stock ship. I tried replacing its KM carrier script for one I made with Defiant's generator but neither worked. It's not the carrier scripts causing the problem I don't think. It could be something to do with the shuttle launch framework. But I wouldn't know where to begin looking for the problem. Especially since it only affects certain ships.

Sorry for the bump by the way, I just started messing around with BC again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:02 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ive been confused about this issue myself as well... im pretty sure somewhere sometime ago it was explained (maybe somewhere on BCU) but i dont recall...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:49 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Just remembered what the 'Dock at target' button does. It's for when you're piloting a shuttle yourself and you want to return to piloting your larger ship. Thing is the shuttle return problem happens when you're inside a shuttle yourself too. Using my example, if you're flying the Eximius and you launch a Type 11 which you pilot yourself, you can fly around to your heart's content in it, fire at bigger enemy ships like an annoying little mosquito, and then return to the Eximius using 'Dock at target' and pilot your big bad ship again. But if you launch a Type 9 from the Eximius, and fly around in it, when you try to return to the Eximius, you get "Sorry captain, the target is too big for our bay." Leaving you trapped in your little Type 9. Unless you transport back to your ship that is. But that still leaves the shuttle flying around controlled by AI.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:35 am 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

hey guys i figured it out just change the shuttle hull property radius by .25 for every shuttle you have. i have tested it and it seem to do the trick
:D