[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
bckobayashimaru.de • View topic - [Fixed] 2009.12 -- Unable to add ships in QB and QBR

bckobayashimaru.de

Bridge Commander Kobayashi Maru Project
It is currently Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:16 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Hi,

I just downloaded the 2009.12 version of KM, and I'm having trouble getting the QuickBattleGame mode to work. I'm not sure if this is actually a bug, or if it's something I'm doing wrong: when I add ships in the configure screen and then try to start the game, none of my added ships appear. For example, when I start in the Sol3 system, only a Starbase, the USS Geronimo, and the USS (something or other) will appear; none of the ships that I added myself.

Also, the AddShip option from the Command menu only sometimes works, and when it does, the enemy ships do not attack.

I've searched through the forums a few times now, and I can't seem to find any solutions to these problems. This topic () seems to be along a similar line, but there doesn't seem to be any solution in that thread.

If it helps, I am in fact following the correct procedure for installation (BC --> BC 1.1 patch --> KM 2009.12).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, and keep up the good work. This mod is positively fantastic.

-- Strider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:24 am 
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

can you give us a console report??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 am 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

I'm pressing Print Screen in-game, but it's not letting me take screenshots while the console is down.

That being said, I'm not even sure a console report would be helpful in this instance, because I'm not seeing anything on the report related to the ships that I wanted to add to the game. For the Sol3 system it's still just loading the preset ones (USS Geronimo, USS Sutherland, Starbase12, etc).

To reiterate -- I cannot add ships either from the initial QuickBattleGame Configure menu or from the in-game Add Ships option.

Also, this last time I tried it, I am unable to do anything in the exterior view of the ship except use the wasd keys to change directions. I cannot alter speed, fire weapons, change torpedo types, etc.

Is there a specific way you have to load the QBG in order to be able to customize it? I noticed that there's now scripted scenarios you can load up... would it be some kind of conflict with those? Let me know if any other info would be helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:59 am 
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

add ships... pull console down... hit enter... hit print screen... exit game... open paint... paste img... post here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:41 am 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Sorry... Didn't know it would copy the image to the clipboard.

So I just loaded up the Galaxy Chart War Simulator, and after trying to use the Add Ship function in-game, I looked at the News Line under Strategic Command, and it lists a bunch of Fed ships destroyed; the exact same number of ships that I've tried to add. Some ships were added, others weren't (it seems dependent on the class of ship). Here's the shot:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:28 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

And here's the shot of the console -- there were supposed to be a couple of Ambassadors here, but instead I got the usual Starbase et al.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

well, the console is saying that you need a torpedo called "ST6KlingonTorpedo" to be located in your Custom\Addon\Projectiles folder...
look in your current folder scripts\Tactical\Projectiles folder and see if there is a PY file there called that; if there is, copy it to the other folder...
if there is only a PYC folder with that name, chances are it might be in your src folder of your KM install...

whether or not this will solve the current issue youre having will remain to be seen when you try out these first few things...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:32 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Got it. I'll give it a shot this afternoon (I'm at work now). Is there a reason that file would be missing in the first place? I've done the install several times in the correct order to rule out a mistake on my part, but it hasn't helped.

Also, I've noticed that occasionally I'll get a scripted "mission intro" when I start the QBG -- usually the one by Banbury, which involves stopping the Romulans from buying some weapon from the Ferengi. This sort of thing is what makes me wonder if I'm just not using the QBG menu right. Is there a specific procedure I should be following to create my own QuickBattleGames?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:53 pm 
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

wait you're using QBR?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:00 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

What's QBR stand for? In any case, I've been having these problems in Quick Battle, QuickBattleGame, and the Galaxy Chart War Simulator.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:47 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Correction: I'm now having no trouble with Quick Battle, just QuickBattleGame still. And the ST6KlingonTorpedo issue has been fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 pm 
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

QBR- quick battle replacement, quick battle game and quick battle replacement are two differt things.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:30 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

I wasn't using QBR as far as I know... just QBG. Ships still won't spawn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:58 pm 
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

try turning off the Galaxy Charts mutator....

they may actually be spawning but warping to other systems.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:26 pm 
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

That did it. Is there an AI incompatibility issue with GC or something?